Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Old Reliable

For Mother's Day this year, I got a really nice card that Molly made for me. The front of it has a drawing of the two of us. The inside has a lovely message that says how much she loves me and that I make her happy when I cook white beans and spinach. :-) Yeah, it made me smile.

I also got a gift of the fancy kind. I am what you would call a tea drinker. I don't care for coffee but I truly love my tea! Our friend has one of these awesome tea kettles that I have been coveting for a while now. I ended up getting one for Mother's Day. It has an adjustable setting and will heat your water to the optimum temperature to brew the tea of your choice. The best part? The water is ready in a little over a minute. Amazing!!! I have definitely noticed a difference in the flavor of the tea I have been drinking lately!!

The sad part? It's time to retire my old tea kettle.



It has seen better days for sure. The handle is really lose....it wouldn't take too much for it to come off completely despite my attempts to fix it. There is always the fear in the back of my mind that it is going to spill hot water on me at any moment. However, it's still sitting on my stovetop because it also has a comforting presence to me. The plan is to turn it into a pot for some sort of plant because I don't have the heart to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment