Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mom and Pop Pizza > Papa Johns

The other night, we celebrated my friend Shannon's birthday. The cool part of the celebration was the fact that it featured all of her favorite foods. Mashed potatoes, mac&cheese, Yoo-Hoo, crumb cake, malt balls and Papa Johns pizza.



The best part was definitely the mashed potato bar!! We saw one at a wedding reception last year and it was a huge hit!! To top it off even more perfectly, the scallions were fresh picked by the birthday girl herself....



Absolutely amazing! I've never piled so many scallions on anything in my life. I couldn't get enough of them!

Let's focus on the pizza. I used to absolutely love Papa Johns pizza but lately, it really hasn't been doing it for me. I think it's the fact that we are surrounded by amazing local pizza places and I've started to get a bit spoiled. I still enjoy it from time to time but the thrill is gone. However, when I do eat Papa John's....I must have the dipping sauces.



Buffalo sauce and the garlic butter sauce. In that order! If you dip it in the butter first, then the buffalo sauce doesn't seem to be able to cling to the pizza as well and you won't get enough. The other way around is a perfect combo. I love buffalo sauce on just about anything. I always have a bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce in my cabinet.

I'm actually craving one of my favorite breakfast sandwiches right now. I also dip it in hot sauce. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment