Monday, April 20, 2009

Spoke too soon.

Just when I make the grand announcement that spring is here.....today it is 48 degrees and raining.  The low temps are actually not a terrible thing because my greens will like it but the fact that it is supposed to rain for the next three days worried me so I took some giant trash bags out to our plot and secured them over our seeds.  I didn't have enough for the radishes and leeks so hopefully they will be okay.  If it gets really bad, I'll go back tomorrow and cover them.  

Despite the nastiness, I'm still thankful for the fact that we actually have four seasons here in New Jersey.  In the south, it goes from cold to hot.  The transition is to be savored.  

I thought my brother-in-law Brian was coming over for dinner tonight but he is coming over tomorrow instead.  He has his own buisness with a focus on freelance hardscape, landscape and other odd jobs and does excellent work.  We have a few home improvement things we need done around here so he's going to come and give us an estimate.  I wasn't sure about dinner.  I am making 13 bean soup so we can use up the rest of the crappy cornbread from McCaffrey's.  I have one more day to contemplate how to feed Brian.  Let me put it this way:  If there is no meat, I do not eat.  That's a direct quote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment