Friday, April 17, 2009

The Crafty Condo

Once a month, I have a craft night here at our place. This is only the second meet up but I think we definitely have the ball rolling.

Tonight's menu has a simple southern flair. What do I mean by simple? A pot of pinto beans served with greens, a slice of onion and cornbread. It's easy to make (especially since I'm buying the cornbread! :-p) yet still, it's my version of bliss in a bowl. I love a wide variety of foods but this will always be one of my favorites. We're also having sweet potato casserole. Mmmmm! I'm smiling just thinking about it.

I'm really proud of myself because I actually remembered to soak the beans overnight! I rarely manage to do this. Half of the battle is already behind me! That's great because I will need to dedicate most of my time to cleaning today! Messy family is messy.

EDIT: Okay....I just wanted to make a note for the locals. I bought my cornbread from McCaffery's and I didn't really care for it. Too sweet and I didn't particularly like the texture. I recommend the cornbread at Wegmans. It's WAY better!

Also, here is a picture from Friday of my friend Alice and her massive knitting needles!




No comments:

Post a Comment