Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sowing the Seeds of Love

Well, I know I've been lax....which is pretty sad considering this is only my second post!  Ha!
It's not like I don't have stuff to talk about either.  I just haven't been in much of a blogging mood I guess.  

I did some seed shopping this weekend.  I hit up Smith and Hawken because my friend Shannon recommended it.  The only other time I've been in that store was with her, actually!  I really love going in there but I don't actually have the budget to shop there very often!  Luckily, seeds aren't that expensive!  Okay, one packet of seeds was $11 (shhhh, don't tell my husband!) but the rest were $3 or less.  The swanky $11 seeds are edible flowers and I'm really excited about them!  I'm trying to figure out the best place to plant them!  I will probably have space in our public garden plot.  I suppose I can just block a small section off just for these bloomers.  

We're planning on tilling and stuff this weekend.  The Easter Bunny brought my whole family some gardening tools!  That rabbit is pretty smart!  

Today I started some seedlings that will (hopefully) sprout and grow over the next few weeks.  I am using some old egg cartons.  I have four so that means that I planted 48 seeds!  Once I finish this current dozen from our friends over at Silver Forge Farm, I'll use it as well.  What did I plant?

Three varieties of kale (I LOVE me some leafy greens)
TWELVE varieties of heirloom tomatoes (most of them were from seeds I saved from last year)
Three varieties of eggplants
Four varieties of bell peppers
Zucchini (just one kind!)
Baby spinach

That's it for now.  I have some baby leeks, carrots and radishes waiting to go in the ground!    

Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers “Grow, grow”. The Talmud

No comments:

Post a Comment