Saturday, July 4, 2009

I know, I know.


Hello! I know it's been a while but I always lose a little bit of steam at this time of year because my daughter leaves to visit her father for part of the summer while she is on break from school. I usually focus on a lot of things to keep myself occupied while she's gone. The previous post speaks of breakfast dates. We've actually been doing a little bit of catching up on actual dinner dates while she has been away! We've been trying to eat in more now because all of those dinners out can add up quickly! Lots of people who know Molly is away have been inviting us out and we've also had a few friends drop in from out of town too. We're always thankful for the distraction since a large fraction of our lives revolves around her.

We have a lot going on as of late! I've been on a cleaning and organizing spree. I was lucky enough to be able to salvage some organization cubicles and shelves from my friend Laura who was moving. I incorporated them into my bedroom yesterday and my little craft nook is lookin' pretty sharp now! Thanks Laura!!! There's definitely more that needs to be done but the difference so far is quite pleasing! I'm trying to get the condo looking nice and clean these next few days because we are leaving for Europe in exactly one week! We have almost all of our plans ironed out and booked. We actually ended up having to weave a little bit of buisness into our trip for my husband so after we land in Paris, we are taking the train to Nuremberg, Germany. I just happened to read in an old magazine at a doctor's office last week that it is famous for gingerbread and people used to travel from all over the world to learn how to make it properly. It also has a large Christmas market so I have a feeling we'll be picking up some early gifts. We will take the train back to Paris the following Wednesday and we'll be there for a week and a half. The last stop on our route is Amsterdam. We'll be flying home from there on the 27th. Exciting stuff!

I don't know how much blogging I'll be able to do from overseas but I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures and stories to share when we get back!

In the meantime, Happy 4th of July!


What better way to celebrate than with some amazing cheese and Jersey fresh berries from the market? We're going to Asbury Park tonight to check out some fireworks. My friend Shannon says there is a store with reproductions of jadeite dishes for sale so I'm pretty stoked! I've been collecting it for a long time now. I am on the lookout for a pitcher!

No comments:

Post a Comment