Monday, July 6, 2009

Sunday Morning



One of my absolute favorite mealtimes is Sunday Brunch. There's something amazing about that particular time of week. It's peaceful and relaxed and when it comes to potential palate pleasers, it feels like anything on the sweet to savory spectrum is possible! The more creative, the better!

That being said, it doesn't take a crazy concoction to make me happy. Some eggs served along side a little sweetness (With maple syrup perhaps? Or maybe a cinnamon treat!) and I'll be pleased as punch. Champagne mimosas are totally optional. I'm fine with tea.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty and throwing down a proper brunch myself but every once in a while, I like to go out. There are several places in the area that are willing to step up to the plate and a few weeks ago, we decided to go to Winberie's in Princeton. Make sure you are in the mood to splurge. This is not the place to count calories or pinch pennies. Brunch for two is about $40 but you get a wide variety of choices and it is all you can eat. There are fancy savories, sweet bites of cake, an omelette station and even some Sam Adams cheesy fondue. The quality isn't over the top (there is syrup but not maple syrup) but you definitely get a lot of options for your money. Plus, it's a cozy atmosphere. You also have some great options nearby for walking off your meal.

Winberie's Restaurant and Bar
1 Palmer Sq E # 1
Princeton, NJ 08542-3718
(609) 921-0700

No comments:

Post a Comment