Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ladies who Brunch

Kate and Liz pose with the brunch menu

Like I said before, Sunday brunch can be the jewel in the crown to top off a good week, or even a bad week if your crown consists of thorns. Last week, I stepped out with some of my lady friends and went over to Lawrenceville which is on the other side of Princeton from where we live. We went to a Freecycle event which turned out to be pretty cool! I wasn't sure what to expect or what I'd find! I took a bunch of stuff over so it was a relief to free up that space in the corner! I found a bunch of random things like vintage matchbooks, rubber stamps, a new plastic pitcher for tea, a wool blanket for the dog and some random hodge podge for holiday decorating. It was all free!

It was super hot day and after a while of cruising the stuff, we were ready to recharge our batteries. I was running on empty by that point! We decided to walk over to Fedora because we'd heard they had a fantastic brunch menu. Unfortunately this place does not have a proper website so I can't link you. If I remember correctly, they serve brunch until 1:00 on Sundays. This was my third time eating here. I've done brunch, lunch and dinner and all three were fabulous. They are closed on Mondays.
Their t-shirts always say funny stuff. My favorite is I may have inadvertently licked your fork.

I was surprised at how small the crowd was. We didn't even have to wait for a table! I am sure this isn't always the case and if we ever go back for brunch (which I am sure we will!), I am not going to get my hopes up on this happening again! I was happy not to have to wait for a nice cup of iced tea!

They had all sorts of edible debauchery on their brunch menu. I was tempted by some form of wicked french toast with creme fraiche but that will have to wait until next time. I ended up going with crabcakes benedict that was topped with spinach and capers. I had the hollandaise sauce on the side. It was absolutely superb! All of us were very pleased with our choices.
Shannon digs into her pancakes with cinnamon butter.

The prices were very reasonable and I am already hoping to drag the family back with me. They do have outside seating so we will probably wait for a cooler day so we can take Chowder with us. We like to include him in our outings whenever possible.

Fedora Cafe
2633 Main Street
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
609.895.0844

No comments:

Post a Comment